Thursday, October 30, 2008

Don't Ever Grow Up

Wednesday when I got home from school Rhylan was being really clingy but in a sweet and cute way. She was just wanting me to hold her and give her hugs. So we cuddled for a few minutes, she was telling me that she loved me and missed me which broke my heart. As I was holding her I said "Rhylan don't ever grow up" and she replied "O.K. Mommy". I thought it was just so sweet the way she said it. She was sincere in her answer. I am loving the age she is right now and I don't want her to grow up but I know she is and is doing it very fast. You just have to trust that you are raising your kids right and that when the time comes for them to make decisions that they will make the right ones. I just want to cry every time we accomplish another major childhood milestone because that just means she is not so little anymore.

1 comment:

The Smith's said...

Ok...this one about made me cry! I got sad when I put Taylor to bed tonight because she felt so big in my arms. And I started remembering when she fit in my arms when I laid her down. Now it is all I can do to carry her to her bed!