Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Beginning of Summer

Well it's finally here -SUMMER- Yeah!!! Memorial Day marks the unofficial start to summer but for the majority of TN teachers it is the beginning of summer break. Well our very nice calendar committee thought that it would be fun to go to school after Memorial Day - 3 1/2 days after to be exact. So come Friday at 11:00 a.m. my summer vacation will officially begin :)
I am going to sum up the last two days of our Memorial Day weekend quickly and without pictures (I remembered the camera but didn't even take it out of the van). On Sunday, we went to church. Rhylan is a little on the small side for her age and she is still in 18 months dresses but the dress I put on her Sunday for church was a 24 months. The dress has a hat and she has never liked wearing hats so to my surprise she kept putting the hat on. This hat did not quite fit her big head. I guess she has a bigger head than what a 24 month old kid should have. Well the hat looked kinda goofy but with a southern belle look. She looked like she should have been in Gone With the Wind (check out the picture below). After church we went to Rockwood to Jeremy's mom's for a cookout, swimming, volleyball, badminton, kickball, pizza and fireworks and all of that occurred in a nine hour span in that exact order. Whew! We were wore out. Rhylan did all of this without a nap. Needless to say she was quite hateful by about 9:30 or 10:00. On Monday, Jeremy mowed the yard while Rhylan and I went to the grocery store (what an eventful trip). After we ate lunch, we planted the flowers that took forever to pick out at Lowe's on Saturday. The flowers were part of my Mother's Day present. Jeremy put a lot of work into digging the holes for the flowers. The land that we live on is very rocky so it took quite a bit of muscle power to dig the holes. The flowers look great. You will just have to take my word b/c I forgot to take a picture. Well that sums up our great weekend. We look forward to many more cookouts, swim dates and fun games till August rolls around and the school bell rings for the fun to begin again.
My little Southern Belle.

No comments: